RSS Feeds

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Oh, Blog, how I neglect thee.... AND A CONTEST!

I'm woefully inactive on my blog lately, and I really wanted to do better. I honestly did. What I find hardest, I think, is that when I'm home, and have downtime to write, I feel so guilty if I'm not working on my manuscripts. But I'm trying something new. Every Sunday I'm going to carve out some time in the morning to post here.

To start it off I'm going to give an update that is long overdue.

So, first question, WHERE IS BOOK 3 IN THE DEAN CURSE BOOKS?

I know, I know, I said it would be out last year, and then I said it would be out very early this year. And I am saying now, it's seriously going to be soon :) The problem isn't that it's hard to write. That's not it. It's written. It's done. The problem is, once I get to book 3 in a series I want to use the same people to help me with it. I want the same beta readers, the same editors, the same people doing layout... etc etc. It just helps working with people familiar with the previous books. And sometimes the scheduling just doesn't work out as well as I hoped it would.

 That's what happened here.

So, the good news is, as long as everything goes as planned, editing will be done this month. and I will send it off to the talented people who do layout and conversion. Fingers crossed. I am cautiously optimistic. And as for book 4? Uh uh, no way. I'll wait and announce that one when I'm holding the proof copy so I can be more confident about release date :/

Next question: WHAT IS THIS NEW NOVEL OF YOURS? 

Ah, yes, mysterious new novel: DISRUPTION. Well, it's this new YA novel (geared for the younger YA readers) in a new series titled THE CAMBRIDGE FILES. I'm really excited about this story, and the series in general.  It's a straight up Action/Adventure novel. No supernatural, or science fiction elements. I honestly can't wait to hear what people think of it.

Actually, speaking of that, if you scroll to the bottom of this page you'll see a contest entry form. Enter it. You know you wanna :)

Although the contest below is for anyone, I do have another offer for readers who review books: If you are interested in DISRUPTION and would like a digital copy in exchange for an honest review, please drop me an email. It would be my pleasure to send you a copy.


AND HERE'S THE CONTEST :)




THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO ENTERED! THE WINNERS LIST IS AS INDICATED BELOW:
 
Michelle – HARDCOVER
SEAN – PAPERBACK + EBOOK
MIKE J – PAPERBACK + EBOOK
AMANDA – PAPERBACK
MARCUS – PAPERBACK
JUDY – PAPERBACK + EBOOK
LUKE – PAPERBACK + EBOOK
SARAH – PAPERBACK + EBOOK

I know what you’re thinking. But that’s 7 paperbacks, and your contest was only for 5. I know, but I’d be lying if I said I had a ton of people who entered the contest :) No worries, that’s the way it is when you’re starting out. But I sincerely appreciate all you guys who entered and were willing to take a shot on my books. So I had to add a few extra copies to show my appreciation.
Emails have been sent. If you didn’t get an email, please check your junk folder or email me directly.
Thanks again to everyone who entered, and congratulations to all the winners!
 

2 comments:

Julie Luek said...

Great to see you again and that you've been very busy being productive and creative! Congratulations. Look forward to reading more about the progress of your books.

Steven W said...

Thanks, Julie. It has been a really busy 2014. So many projects I'm trying to tie up. So close though.

Post a Comment