RSS Feeds

Monday, September 30, 2013

A Broken GPS and a Baboon... Enough Said.

Has it really been so long? 3 months since last post… wow.

I won’t bore you all the sordid details of where I’ve been and what I’ve been up to. Let’s just say it involved a broken GPS, an abandoned farm house, a bag of frozen peas, and an unfortunate run in with a baboon. I’m sure you can guess the rest.

Let’s move on, shall we?

I thought I’d jump back into the blogging world today and share some of the books I’ve read, or am reading, that I highly recommend.

Gone girl, Gillian Flynn
This book really surprised me. It has quite a bit of language and the subject matter is  such that it wouldn’t be something I’d recommend to my mom, but I found the story surprisingly… surprising. I just don’t think I’ve hated a character (in a good way) like that in a very long time. I mean, I don’t want to ruin it, but they’re just a straight up sociopath, and the author painted it perfectly. I will say that I guessed the twist pretty early in the book, but not the ending.









 Allan Jones, Kill Chase
I’ve never heard of this series, and picked up this book randomly at my local library. Thankfully, this is one of those series that you don’t have to read in order (though it’s probably suggested that you do). I wasn’t lost at all, but as I read I was anxious to find the earlier books to follow the main character through their adventure.

I thought it was great. It had adventure, danger, travel, and dashes of humor. I will be reading more of these.








 
Infinity- Sherrilyn Kenyon
This book was tremendous.

 I thoroughly enjoyed it and highly recommend it to anyone who likes urban fantasy… or maybe it’s contemporary fantasy… let’s just call it fantasy. It was a new take on zombies–though the “zombie” story line was a sub-plot to the more important plot about the main character, and I doubt these zombies will be in book 2.

Sherrilyn Kenyon is an established author who is incredibly popular. I’ve read a number of her books, but this is the first one I’ve read of hers that is geared for the younger YA audience.


  


Books I’m currently reading (and loving!):

Russell Blake - JET Curse of the Scarab - H.Y Hanna WARP Eoin Colfer


So what’s on your to-be-read list? Did you get a chance to read anything good over the last few months? Please let me know, I’m always looking for books to add to my list.
(and I promise I’ll try to be more consistent with my posts from now on!)

 NEW WEBSITE 

3 comments:

Steve MC said...

Quicksilver and WARP look interesting, but what's got me most curious is the mystery of the broken GPS. Whatever happened there, glad you're back in the saddle and without a baboon on your back.

The new site looks good!

Julie Luek said...

Welcome back. I really, really didn't like Gone Girl. The story was well written and the twists and turns fun, but that ending totally ruined it for me.

Steven W said...

@steve - Just finished WARP and thought it was terrific. Eoin Colfer seldom disappoints.

@ Julie - I know what you mean about the ending. The weird thing was I found the ending so unsatisfying that it became a weird kind of satisfying (if that makes any sense).

Post a Comment