RSS Feeds

Saturday, May 25, 2013

News So Big It Needs Three Exclaimation Points!!!





I’ve been sitting on some pretty big news for the last couple months, but I’ve just been given the thumbs up to reveal it here. No, it’s not that I have developed an allergy to avocados, and no, it's not related to my books (though I might have some news in that regard in the weeks to come). This news is bigger than allergies, bigger than publishing contracts…

My wife is pregnant again (and it is currently the size of an avocado... apparently). I remember like it was yesterday when I posted about my wife being pregnant with my son, and how he was the size of a sweet potato. (http://stevewhibley.blogspot.ca/2011/02/sweet-potato.html). It will be my goal to come up with more interesting objects to use as size indicators this time around.

We haven’t decided if we want to know what it’ll be yet. We let it be a surprise the last time and that was pretty fun. I think we might do that again. It doesn’t really matter to us, and we’re not really big “planners” for that kind of thing, so knowing wouldn’t change much.

If I had to put my money on one, though, it would be a girl.


7 comments:

Steve MC said...

Wow. Happy Avocado!

That's big news for sure. And getting bigger by the day, too, I bet.

Blessings to you all!

Julie Luek said...

Ohhhh blissful, happy time! Congratulations. :)

JeffO said...

Woot! Congratulations!

Tracey Joseph said...

Congratulations! :D

Cielle said...

"We haven’t decided if we want to know what it’ll be yet. " What if it turns out to BE an avocado. You'd want to be prepared for that.

Congratulations on your growing family!

Steven W said...

Thanks guys! I'm pretty stoked. For some reason I didn't think it would be as exciting the second time around, but it's totally the same (minus some of the underlying fear that accompanied the first one).

Griffin Hayes said...

Congratulations Steve!

Post a Comment