RSS Feeds

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

As Promised...

Well, if you read yesterday's post, you know all about today's post. Today's the day I talk about a series of books I'm going to be releasing in the next few days... official release date set for book one: 04-15-2013.  Book two is set for about a month after.  Okay, without further delay, here are the covers for the first two books!



What do you guys think?

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking: "Wow, Steve, where can I get more information about your titles? I really wish you'd throw down some more shameless self-promoting links!"

Oh, um, sure... yeah, I can do that. I mean, if you're insisting:

Official website

Goodreads

The titles aren't live on Amazon yet, but they will be. I will add some links to the site when that happens.

Now, let's talk about the contest, shall we? I'm sure you've noticed the contest thingy below.. There's another one on the website linked above. Basically, I'm giving away at least 15 copies of the eBook for GLIMPSE and at least 1 physical copy of the book.   I wanted to make it very easy for anyone to get a couple entries and for those of you who have accounts around the web(twitter/goodreads/ etc) you'll find it pretty easy to get all the points.

I really am curious to hear what you guys think of the covers and of the website. The website still has a couple pages that are under construction, but it's got a lot of information on there now, and I hope you'll check it out.

Thanks again for your support guys.

Cheers!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------


a Rafflecopter giveaway

12 comments:

Steve MC said...

Awesome looking site, and covers to match.

Love the humor in the contest, too.

JeffO said...

Quite spiffy. Question (without reading the blurbs on the books): I notice there's no 'book 1', 'book 2' type dealio on the covers, so I'm guessing they are a series, but not sequential? If they are sequential, you may want to stick a number on them.

Again, congrats, they look great!

Steven W said...

@SteveMC - Thanks. There are a few kinks left to sort out on the site, but I should have most of them taken care of by the weekend.

@JeffO - Thanks for the comment, I'm really glad you like them.

Good question about the series. There is a book1, book2... etc indicated on the spine, but it would take seeing the physical copy to see that. I considered a few design options, but decided with eBooks I could add book 1, book2 . .. etc into the description. If you look at the Goodreads listing for example, it says, "Glimpse (The Dean Curse Chronicles, #1)" Amazon will have something very similar.

Julie Luek said...

Congratulations and the covers look fantastic. Here's to your tremendous success.

Cate Dean said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Steve - here to return the love. :) Your covers are FAB, and I can't wait to read book 1! Good luck with your release.
~Cate

Avery Olive said...

I love the covers, but you know that already! And I cannot wait to get my hands on these books! Congrats on such a big accomplishment! You should be so proud!

T.D. McFrost said...

I went to your website and read about your books... WOW! First of all, the story is IN-CREDIBLE! I loved how you described the process it took to come up with the idea. Secondly, that cover art is off da chain! Thirdly, you have such an amazing voice, even in third person. It flows so nicely and reminds me of Neil Gaiman. That's no easy thing, my friend. I salute you.

I am definitely going to pick this up. I haven't read the summary of a story this exciting since The Hunger Games.

I can't wait! Hurry up, man!

Steven W said...

@Julie & @Cate - Thanks, guys. I'm glad you like the covers and I appreciate the well wishes. Cheers.

@Avery - Thanks, Avery. I'm looking forward to seeing them in the "flesh" too. I like eBooks, I do, but I still prefer paper and I'm really working hard to make sure these books LOOK good inside and out.

@T.D McFrost - Thank you, good sir! I would have been happy if you said my writing sounded like a very drunk Neil Gaiman, or a Neil Gaiman with a head injury, because I put him among my my favorite authors. I'm really glad you liked the website and the covers, I hope the story wins you over too.

Cheers!

spiderboy said...

Steve, man, wow, those covers are just awesome. I am an ebook reader thru and thru but those covers make me want to buy the printed copy just so I can touch them. I am very excited about this. You have at least one 100% buyer here. One down, a couple billion to go.

Steven W said...

@spider - thank you. I'm really glad you liked them. The interior is being designed right now and I think it's going to look great. I wish eBooks supported more complicated layouts because you have to strip most design elements out of them, Thanks again for the support!

Griffin Hayes said...

Hey Steve,

Love these covers. And you're right. It's easy enough on Amazon to add the necessary information to let readers know which book is first in the series. Can't wait to read them!

Steven W said...

Thanks Griffin. I just reviewed a couple eBook versions and they look right. Fingers crossed as I go through them one more time. Otherwise, it's just a couple days to get the final PDF layout for print and Glimpse is ready to go!

Post a Comment