RSS Feeds

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

In which my son needs a hair cut!



My wife seems to be under the impression that our son is like Samson, from the bible. You remember Samson, right? The guy who had all the hair and his hair gave him strength. She's refusing to let me, or anyone for that matter, cut his hair.  

My son has gone from looking like this:


To this:

(And yes, that's really him in the first picture. Cute, right? I know. Also, that is my wife behind him … I know what you’re thinking “Dude, she’s way too hot to be your wife.” Trust me, I know. One day I’ll post about how I managed to convince her to marry me. It involves a sound proof basement, and a really bad case of Stolkholm Syndrome … Wait, let me check the statute of limitations on something ... It involves a lot of flowers and superior skills in romance.)

Point is, my son now has A LOT of hair. It’s in his eyes, it’s over his ears.  When I take him for walks people always tell me what cute little GIRL I have. But for some reason my wife will not allow me to cut his hair. I just don’t get it. Yeah, I know babies kind of stop looking like babies when they get their hair cut, but the boy has hair in his eyes. Unless he’s going to start singing alongside Justin Bieber (and he just might), I think it’s time for a trim.


Now, I have a lot of nieces and nephews, and I’ve watched my siblings go through this stage before, but I never paid it too much attention on how they dealt with it. Still, I've given it some thought, and I've decided there are really only two options here:

Option One)  I wait until my wife leaves the house, I plug in the old hair clippers, and give my son the Mohawk he deserves

OR

Option Two)  Give my son a haircut, but put the clippers in his hand so that when my wife sees it she thinks he managed to do it on his own. It could happen. Might even be cute … right?

I'm leaning towards Option Two....

5 comments:

annie said...

wow, you're son has the biggest eyes I think I've seen on a baby. He is beautiful! So is your wife (your crossed out line made me laugh). I think you should let your wife have her baby with long curly locks. I don't think I would want to cut my baby's hair either. Thanks for making me smile.

Lindsey R. Loucks said...

This blog post is nothing but cuteness! It's everywhere! I'd go with option 2.

Anonymous said...

I'd let it grow until he can push it behind his shoulders; that'll take care of the hair in the face problem.

Ann said...

I say - give the kid a hair cut.
Dad

Avery Olive said...

Honestly, Steven, I'd cut the kids hair. My son had is first haircut at two months old (granted he was born with entirely full head of luscious locks) but still... I think my son (now 5, which you know lol) looks a million times cuter with clean cut hair. I'll have to send you the pictures one day to prove it.

Cut his hair, cut his hair, cut is hair... But don't tell your wife I said that ;)

Post a Comment