RSS Feeds

Friday, September 16, 2011

OUT OF THE SHADOWS!


Whew – I’ve been MIA for a few weeks. Lots of stuff on my plate. I just wanted to drop in to say I’m still alive, and will get back to posting, well, posts, in the next couple days. In the meantime, if you recall a while back I wrote about the countless benefits of being colorblind. Well, I have another one

I was given a Rubix cube by some friends not long ago and asked to complete it. They know I’m colorblind and they thought it would be funny. Well, the joke was on them, because I did it in record time. That’s right, folks, it seems colorblind people are far better at doing Rubix cubes than people with “normal” color vision.

Boo-yeah! How you like them apples?

I have a lot in common with this kid:



10 comments:

LynNerd said...

I think that's pretty darn cool and quite fascinating. Who woulda thunk?

spiderboy said...

HAHA! Is that a picture of you completing the cube? LOL. Not sure if you got it exactly right, but still, way to represent! Maybe I'll find you a black and white rubix cube and you'll have better luck

Chantele Sedgwick said...

LOL! Hilarious. I've never been able to complete a Rubix cube. I had a friend that did them SO fast in high school. I was never that talented! ;)

Donna K. Weaver said...

That's awesome. I've never been able to do more than 2 sides.

Carrie Butler said...

Hah! You show 'em, Steve! :)

Sarah Pearson said...

I'm impressed. Two sides was my limit before pulling it apart.

JeffO said...

You da man! Hope all is going well.

Jenny S. Morris said...

I've never been able to do one. I should see if my dad to see can do it as fast as you can, (or can't depending if the picture is accurate.) since he's colorblind.

Steven Whibley said...

LOL - the picture is accurate. I can't do rubix cubes to save my life, but I sincerely doubt it has anything to do with my colorblindness.

*note to self: Do better at executing self depreciating jokes!* :P

Avery Olive said...

You are awesome! I bought one at Christmas for my husband a few years ago. He eventually gave up (and my husband, never gives up!) So of course I had to make a big deal about it. Well, then he said, "Oh I bet you can't do it either."
It took me two days but I've never been so happy to rub something in my husbands face!

Post a Comment