RSS Feeds

Sunday, July 31, 2011

IT'S A ...........




Well, we had an induction scheduled for July 29th, but apparently our little guy had other plans. At four o’clock in the afternoon on the 28th labor kicked in, and by eight o’clock he was born.  He’s perfect. I really wanted to post a picture here, but then I heard that blog pictures get picked up by Google Images and I’m feeling a tad over-protective at the moment. That said, I am very aware that Google Images currently has 400 million (almost exactly) images of “babies” so I really should lighten up. I’m sure I will in the next day or so, and then I’ll come back and post a picture.

But, since I’m a writer I’m going to take this opportunity to dazzle you all with my ability to paint a gorgeous picture of my child with words. It will be so vivid that you will all experience, in awesome wonder, just how cute my baby boy is. It will be as if he’s sitting beside you, sleeping … or pooping, since those are the two things he does really well.

Ready? Okay. *rubs hands together* Imagine a baby monkey with almost no hair, and without a tail. Done! Cute, right?

Thanks for all the comments on the previous post, I read them all and really appreciated the well wishes. I’ll reply to them in the next day or so once I get tired of just staring at my son.

Oh, I almost forgot, we named him Isaiah. 

21 comments:

~Charity~ said...

Congrats Steve...and welcome to the world baby Isaiah!

Sarah Pearson said...

Congratulations. Hope Mama and Baby are both doing well.

Sneha Sunny said...

Awwwwwwwww....... it must be the most beautiful moment of your life... Congratulations to the New dad and mom..... :-)

Carrie Butler said...

Congratulations to you and your wife, Steve! :)

Aimee Renee said...

Yay! Congratulations on your baby boy! :D

Suzie F. said...

Congratulations to you and your wife! I don't think you'll ever get tired of staring at your son :)

JeffO said...

Congratulations to you and your wife, Steve. It's incredible, isn't it?

Lauren F. Boyd said...

Many congrats to you and your wife on Isaiah! Enjoy these moments when they're little - they're the best!

Alisha Souillet said...

OMG Congrats Steven, I am super happy and over the moon for you! I love the name!
Best wishes to you, your momma bear and baby Isaiah

Katie Dodge said...

Congrats! So happy for you and your family! :D

Christy McCall said...

Welcome Isaiah!

Paul Joseph said...

Congrats, Steve!! Welcome, Isaiah!!!

linda said...

Congratulations! :D

Steven Whibley said...

Thanks guys! It's been really great so far. Most surprising part: I am very amazed at how much I didn't know. Clearly I was too cocky.

For example: You can change a million diapers, but unless you change the diapers from the first couple days, you're not going to be prepared. I mean, what in the world is meconium made out of? You could black-top roads with that stuff!

Steven Whibley said...

Oh, and I figure the person who came up with the whole: Girls are made of sugar and spice and all things nice nursery-rhymes, never saw a woman give birth. Sugar and spice just wouldn't cut it. Unless the "all things nice" part includes iron and tempered steel.

Ryann Kerekes said...

Congratulations! Great description! (*chuckles to self*)

Jeff King said...

Congratulations to you and your wife!

Eli Ashpence said...

Congrats!

E.C. Belikov said...

I'm a little late but congrats!

Peggy Eddleman said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting! I'm very happy for you.

Cheryl said...

Hey nice to meet you and congratulations. Sounds as if your babies have a lot less fur than mine! Carrie Butler bought us together with her award pass-on so I'm following and will enjoy watching your new offspring grow.

Post a Comment