RSS Feeds

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

CAN YOU FIND THE LIE?



 
Okay, so since my blog is called “The Ramblings of a Professional Liar” (click the link if you don’t know what I’m talking about), I decided that I’m going to test you, my bloggies, to see if you can spot the lie. The statements will be under the heading, “about me,” so you get a better picture of who I am (which may be a mistake since it could very well lead to fewer followers of this blog).

Nine of the below statements are true, one is a lie. Can you guess which one?

1. My name is Steven Whibley.
2. I’ve been chased by a caveman.
3. I've been attacked by ninjas in a ninja village.
4. I unknowingly traveled from Guatemala to Mexico with a group of illegal immigrants.
5. I’ve spent more than one night sleeping on a bench in a train station in a foreign country.
6. I’ve eaten grasshoppers, centipedes, and a soup that contained several live fish.
7. I’ve swam with schools of full grown sharks and stingrays.
8. I’ve been attacked by a troop of monkeys.
9. I’ve had Dengue Fever.
10. I snuck into the main temple at Angkor Wat(Cambodia).

You can post your answers below. If you guess right I’ll give you 10 points. Those points can be used to buy anything you want, assuming you can find someone willing to trade blog-points for merchandise. If no one will take the points, you can still hang them on your wall and enjoy the aesthetic beauty (that’s assuming you can see invisible things).

The answer will come this weekend so get your guesses in or NO POINTS FOR YOU!

 EDITED TO ADD: ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN POSTED HERE! THANKS FOR PLAYING ;)

21 comments:

Peggy Eddleman said...

Since all but the first one totally sound like lies (making them each probably true), I'm going to go with number one. Pen name, possibly?

Will G said...

I thought the same as Peggy, so I google-stalked you and I found a Steven Whibley from Victoria, so I think that's your real name. I'm going to go with the "snuck into the main temple at Angkor Wat" I bet you'd be thrown in a Cambodian prison for that.

If nine of those are true, you would be an interesting person to have dinner with.

K. Turley (Clutzattack) said...

Number 3, because if they were real ninjas, you wouldn't know what attacked you. You'd just wake up in the hospital next to the pile of ninja stars they pulled out of your back.

Kristen said...

I was thinking either ninjas or caveman. I'm going with caveman.
#2 would be a sly spot to put a lie on a list like that.

April said...

I was thinking along with the first two comments....gotta be the name.

Nina Powers said...

Gotta go for this one as well: 3. I've been attacked by ninjas in a ninja village.

Ashley Nixon said...

I'm going with #10 cause I'm sure you have friends that might look like cavemen...ninjas can encompass a lot of people.

haha. Also, I gave you a blog award. lol...I hope you like it! Stop by my blog to see.

Juliana L. Brandt said...

I'm going with #6 mostly because live fish = yuck. I'm shivering just thinking about it, bleh.

Jeff King said...

i was going with number 2, but if it sounds to fake it has to be true. So i am going with:

9. I’ve had Dengue Fever.

JeffO said...

I find it easier to believe in a real caveman than a village of ninjas, so I opt for #3. No ninjas!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I know the Ninja story is true, because you've just been attacked by the Blogging Ninja!

Carrie said...

There is no spoon? :)

Fun post, Steven! (If that's your real name...)

Carrie said...

Okay, my actual guess is:

"Nine of the below statements are true, one is a lie." = LIE. You professional liar, you. :P

The Tame Lion said...

I'm a macho, yet innocent man, so my guess is:
No lies, they're all true! Yay!

Donna K. Weaver said...

Are there really Ninja villages? I did some research about Ninjas a while back and was disappointed to find out that they weren't quite what the movie and recent literary portray them to be. Not nearly as cool.

But I love Carrie's suggestion, too.

You clever boy.

~Charity~ said...

I am overthinking this so I'll take a random guess: #8 is the lie.

But I'm not convinced there isn't a trick here somewhere... :)

Talli Roland said...

I'm going to say the dengue fever one is a lie. At least I hope it is for your sake! :)

Happy Canada Day.

Ricky said...

I'll go for number 1.

Steven Whibley said...

Great guesses guys! I wish I had been clever enough to make the contest trickier, but alas ...

The answers have been posted and the winners have received their uber impressive points that, like I said, are good EVERYWHERE blog points are accepted!

Steven Whibley said...

@Ashley Nixon - Wow, thank you! I've never received a blog award before. I have so many people I want to thank ... *music plays to get me off the stage* :)

Steven Whibley said...

@Donna - Interesting about your research on Ninjas. At the villages in Japan (since it's geared for tourists) they play up their history quite a bit. But learned more on a "Halloween day" at one of the schools I was working at (there's no Halloween in Japan usually). Anyway, several of the kids came dressed as samurai, but none of them came dressed as ninjas. I asked a parent about it and she told me that ninjas are not admired in japan. They were cowards and would run away if they ever had a face-to-face confrontation.

It was a bit like hearing the Easter Bunny wasn't real!

Post a Comment