RSS Feeds

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Good News: The World Didn't End. Bad News: I'm Going To Be a Bad Father

Okay – the world didn’t end after all. I’m a bit disappointed since I’m not sure what I’m going to do with all the baked beans I bought. You know, in preparation for the year I was planning on spending in my basement while I waited for the zombie apocalypse to end. It was supposed to be a zombie apocalypse, wasn’t it?  Or is that happening in 2012? It's hard to keep all these doomsday predictions straight.

In any case, it’s probably a good thing that world didn’t end. I have big plans for the future and zombie-raptures just don’t factor in. Most importantly is the fact that I have this little baby on the way. There are certain fatherly experiences that I’m looking forward to. Like teaching my kid to throw a ball, or giving my kid their first taste of something sour and then laughing at the face it makes.

Speaking of babies, I recently found this little clip which has to be one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. Wait, is it bad for a children's book author to laugh at kids getting scared? It is? Oh, okay, then this is NOT funny at all. In fact, it was so not funny that I almost peed my pants not laughing at it!  


2 comments:

Honey said...

Ah, Steven--ROFLMAO--You're going to be a great dad! I hate to admit it but, I used to take great pleasure in jumping out from behind a corner when my girls were young just to see that look on their faces. Still ROFLMAO!! I still do it now if they are in the middle of a scarey movie (latest one Legion) and it gets them every time! I guess that makes me a really bad mom! LOL! Or just have a sick sense of humor! Love the video---still LMAO.

Steven Whibley said...

HA. Glad you liked it. I think scaring kids is important to a healthy cardiovascular system, so really, you're doing your kids a service ;)

Post a Comment