RSS Feeds

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR. SEUSS!!!


Ah, the world is a lesser place since Dr. Seuss passed away. But his birthday has become the “National Read Across America” Day, and I think that’s a great way to remember this writer, cartoonist, animator and artist. Dr. Suess (Theodor Seuss Geisel) wrote 44 books over the course of his career, and 20 years after his death there still isn’t a man, woman, or child that doesn’t know of his work. 

My favorite, though choosing is no easy task, would be “Oh, the Places You’ll Go!” But I learned today that there are several books by Dr. Suess that I haven't read. "The Kings Stilts" for example, I've never heard of that book. Or, "Bartholomew and the Oobleck." I've never read that one either. I'll remedy that today :)

So if you're like me and still discovering the books by this author, celebrate today by reading one of his books you haven't tried. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment